Tuesday, October 15, 2013
Top 10 house plans design features most desired in dream house plans.
House floor plans lay the foundation for a value packed home by including great home design ideas and being adaptable for future needs. When choosing from the thousands of plans out on the web or working with a designer on your custom home, include features in your floor plans that are not so unique to your style. Rather, consider the needs of potential future home buyers in your decision to ensure a healthy investment in your homes financial future.
Below are the top 10 house plans design features most desired in dream house plans. Most home plans may not have all these features; however, the more you have the better.
1. Spacious kitchen with plenty of storage - Women especially hone in on this area of the home. The kitchen design should allow for plenty of counter work space and a functional work triangle. Cabinets are also very important for use in storage. Space planning should account for two cooks to work together without feeling congested. Pantries are also a must.
2. keeping rooms - This space is desired in larger homes with the available square footage. This room is more of a mid size family room adjoining the kitchen and breakfast rooms. For homes with 2 two story grand rooms and large family rooms, the keeping room provides a cozy spot for the family's day to day activities.
3. Master bedroom with a sitting area - Perhaps the one space that shares the top spot with the kitchen. The master bedroom should have enough space to accommodate a queen or king size bed with room to spare. The sitting area is a bonus within the master retreat allowing a space for at minimum a couple of chairs and an end table. A more elaborate sitting room has a fireplace with shelving and place for a television.
4. Master bath - Design to be open and bright with plenty of natural light, separate vanities, a tub, and shower. If the budget allows, his and hers bath is an excellent upgrade. It should provide dual vanities, dual water closets, a shower for him with access for her and a tub for her. There are many other bathroom design ideas in which you could use; these are just a few of the most popular features
5. His and hers closet - The bigger the better, especially for the woman of the house! While a single enormous closet is a nice feature, separate closets are much more desirable. Adding a closet organizing system is a good upgrade. You can do it yourself or use the services of a professional closet organizer.
6. Bedroom on the main floor (applicable in 2 story home designs) - If the master is on the main floor, this is fine. A guest bed in addition to the master on the main is even better. However, if all bedrooms are on the second floor, adding a guest bed on the main floor is a wise choice. You can design a bedroom layout to serve multiple needs that include lodging for overnight guest, a library, or home office.
7. Mudroom - Provides the homeowner a place to use as a buffer between the outdoors and the home’s interior. Mudrooms serve as a docking area to drop off keys, jackets & coats, dirty shoes, umbrellas, and other nix-nak items without dragging these things into the main part of the home.
8. Bonus room - If the floor plan design allows for this, by all means, include this space. A house plans with a bonus room has a built-in addition already included in the design. It gives the homeowners the ability to personalize this room to their liking, with bonus room ideas of their own.
9. Covered entrance - More and more homeowners are trending towards some sort of covered porch or covered stoop to provide shelter from weather conditions at the homes main entrance. Most come to this conclusion after living in a home that lacked this featured.
10. Storage - Need I say more! You can never have enough.